Saturday, August 3, 2013

Famine 30, Fight Hunger

Hello August! A great month for me because I had done my final on 2nd of August and officially having my sem break now! AWESOME!
Okay, this post supposed to write it on July but due to my sickness and laziness, so finally a post on Famine 30 that I joined on 13-14 July at Taylor's Lakeside Campus.
Frankly, I donno why I insisted to join famine 30 although none of my friends join with me. This time was my third time join such wonderful camp and I'm glad that I insisted to join!
So, one of my former classmates actually joined as volunteer so I'm joining as camper with her at Taylor but most of the time during the camp I was alone because she was busy with stuff.

Went overnight at her hostel a night before because the DIY camp started at 10am which was very early and from Cheras to Subang need approximately an hour plus!

So I'm here at Taylor's Lakeside Campus


had my last breakfast at Subway before the camp commenced! Fighting hunger for 30 hours wasn't the first time for me but I must eat full full before I fought! =)

Registration for RM20 which include a tee from worldvision and the booklet. Before joining the camp, each of the camper had to get donation for at least RM80.
and this year, the total donation in Malaysia was 2 million!
all the donation will donated to India.
With every little bits of us, we can make a big difference to them =D


During the registration session and briefing, the DIY camp got about 250 campers this year but I knew none of them besides my friend who was busy as a team leader =(

'We pledge to willing and passionately participate in the Famine to help children living in poverty. We are fasting to ensure that no child has to grow up without the basic rights that he or she is entitled to. We are fasting because nothing will change if we do not take action together.'

After that, is the game session
All the games were designed with specific purpose to let us feel the situation of the children who were facing all kinds of disabled but still fighting for life. I should say we were all lucky to live in this country without disasters and war. We were born in such a healthy environment and had sufficient of basic needs. 

The night time was time for concert and performance at Taylor. There were a list of performance at night to let us forgot about hunger. =D

Taylor's music club performance

A talented singer, Wee. It was my first time saw his performance and he was really talented!

A big group photo with him and I donno where I was in this photo! HAHA

During the 10th hour of hunger, everyone was given a packet of soya bean and I was kinda shock actually because the 2 years I joined in Kch we didn't drink anything besides plain water. So I asked my team members and they said in KL they did this. I actually hesitated quite a long time before I drank it! Then, my friend came and looked for me asked me not to drink it. AWW!!
I was so regret for drank it!!! 

After the soya, made me felt more hungry! Awww there was all kinds of food appeared in my mind and I told myself I wanted to eat everything when 30 hours passed. We were fasting for 30 hours and we knew that there were food waiting for us after 30 hours. But the children in the poor country, they might face this problem for few days or even months. Again, I felt that I'm really blessed.

After concert and performance, it's bed time.
Sleeping bag in Kch so I only had IKEA blanket to put on the floor and clothes as pillow. Seriously speaking, the air con was damn cold and I didn't had a blanket so I was freezing there and the floor almost made my bone cracked because it was too hard!
At that moment, I felt that I was really lucky to has such good environment and I just could not imagine my life in their situation. How am I going to live through? Only when you experienced the difficult moments yourself, then you learn to appreciate.
Our life were too good when compare to them.

Early morning, queue and went to Bukit Jalil stadium for the countdown with all other DIY camp in KL! I was so excited for this part because it was what I waited for.

Everyone here was fighting hunger together! 

There were 18000 people in the stadium and still many outside because no place to fit in!
The feeling was great and awesome!!!

The celebrities during the countdown
There were some not in the list and I got no idea why! HAHA

When everyone used their smartphone flash light

It was really awesome although all of us were so hungry and tired but still high extremely!

The ambassador this year was
 Fan Fan! Love her so much and she was really beautiful!!!

When she came out and the last 1 hour countdown! Everyone was really high for food and her!

Getting a V-soy soya and coconut bun on hand but could not eat was torturing!

FINALLY!!! 30 hours reached! EAT EAT EAT!!
The best bun I ever had after 30 hours! Only when we had no food to eat then we appreciated!
This was really a great camp for make yourself think for others.

That's all about my participation in famine 30. I'm looking forward to next year's famine.
30 hours isn't long but I experienced their situation. 30 hours cannot bath made me almost crazy and I can't wait to splash myself with water. But how about the people who facing shortage of water? Drinking is a problem for them, what more about bathing ?
Always and always this camp gave me a lot of lesson in life.
Even though joining the camp alone, at least I contributed something for them which was already happy enough. =D

*Sponsored a child from Worldvision if your financial had no problem. You never know with so little contribution of you, can make a huge difference on other's life. 

Life is never fair. Some people born with a golden spoon in mouth but some people born in a way that poverty, hunger and disaster around. When we had it, don't waste it. One of our meal can let them eat for a month. Think before we do. =D 
I was learning to complain less and be more contented.

Thank God for everything I had. Truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment