Monday, September 30, 2013

The Story of Angkor

Traveled to Siem Reap on 29th of Aug until 2nd of Sept. A 5 days 4 nights trip that let me see through a lot of things =) Cambodia can definitely be the most friendliest country I ever visit. *Although I did not visit lot of country before. But I was really overwhelmed by their warmest hospitality. 
So this post gonna be wordy with all my experience and impression after this trip. 
I will blogged in details when I got back my lappy =)

Most of the people will think that Cambodia is not a really safe country as it is still under developing. Other than the UNESCO site that attract people, actually there are not much attraction in Siem Reap. Seriously, safety isn't really a big issue there as compared to other country. The Cambodian were so friendly and kind. Although their technology was not so advanced, but they worked hard to earn a living despite under the hot sun. So most of the local people looked dark and we will easily be recognized as tourist.
Rented bicycle and rode everywhere in town without any map and planning. Just go whenever we wanted to go and explore the village ourselves. 

The innocent kids in the Angkor area. Touched by their purely smile and we just wanted to take photo with them. I wondered how many kids in this technology era play with their mates in the mud and sand. Or should say this Smart Era kids are holding ipad or iphone everywhere. Somehow, I missed the old time us. When we used to be so naive and played with each other. Even though we do not own any smart devices, but catch fishes and play with stones are really enough. There is less communication between people each day because technology had ruin our life. So when we will be replaced?

The temple was huge than I can ever say. The greatest ancient ruin. I was really impressed with the architecture of the site. When you walking on the street, the local will ask you have you visited Angkor Wat. Seriously, they are really proud of it because they fully depend on tourism to make one's end meet. Children selling souvenirs to tourist with bare foot with a super pitiful face. Really make me feel sad. When I was in this age, I probably watching the Tom & Jerry cartoon at home but they had to suffer and sell souvenirs even under the super hot sun.

The floating house at Tonle Sap, with so simple facilities in the house and no separate rooms. I told myself to be contented! Yes seriously I'm too bless to stay in Malaysia with all the necessities that I needed. They have to move their home every changing season too.

Yes, to sum up this post. It nice to visit there which taught me a lot of things. Although life is hard, but they make through it. Although this world is so unfair, they accept it without any complain. But us who had even a better life, compare every single little things that life is unfair. yes it's me ><

Exploring a new place always let u have better perception in life. I'm glad I visited Cambodia. It was not only a tourist destination, but a lesson that taught me to be happy with whatever I had.

Till Then =)

No comments:

Post a Comment