Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chiling Waterfalls @ Kuala Kubu Bharu

Last Saturday went to Chiling Waterfall with my course mates as one of our field trip. It was the most adventurous day since I was born and I will never ever forgot that day!
It was located at Selangor and about 1 hour and 30 mins to reach the place.

3 of us were extremely excited with our newly bought waterproof bag and waited lecturer to pick us at 7am.


 The van from our school and it was scary! Lecturer said he will never touched the van again! 
Because when we went up from basement, the signboard on the carpark scratched the roof of the van! =.= We thought something chasing behind our van at first!
Settled our breakkie at Mamak behind the school, then headed to the waterfalls!
all of my course mates except the pity lecturer who was driving =)


Before reaching the waterfall, we stopped at here for some fresh air! Beautiful scenery there!

Reached the carpark and there were lotsa monkeys welcoming us =D

YES! We reached! It was many people that day! A lot!
Surprisingly the entrance fee only RM1! CHEAP NOT?!
Everyone had to register their name at the counter so that the ranger will look for you if you get lost =)

A big group of people camping at there! That why it was so crowded that day

The map of the waterfall! FYI, we had to crossed a total of SIX river in order to reach the waterfalls.
Excited excited!

Took our clean shoes before getting into the jungle! Don't dare to imagine how muddy it will be later!

Ready to trek! 
I think the management had a really good policy which was they did not allowed people to bring heavy food into the jungle because human being for sure will simply throw the rubbish! Human's Nature! Therefore, we had to pay deposit for the food that we bring, and we had to bring the rubbish out and throw into the rubbish bin in front of them to get back the deposit! 
I LIKE THIS POLICY A LOT AND I THINK SARAWAK'S SHOULD PRACTICE THIS ALSO

Luckily the weather that day was super GOOD! No raining! 
The flow was quite fast and it was at my waist height =.=
IT WAS SUPER COLD SOMEMORE!!

our group for this assignment =D Nice to meet so many new friends

Didn't mean to promote the school but because we did not want other shirt to get dirty! =X

The girl's group of the day! 

Finally!! after an hour plus trekking, we reached the waterfalls!

Breathtaking view! 
But the water was also extremely chiling! It was as cold as ice!
I gonna freeze in the water although the sun very big that day!

Those were the fishes in the river and you can see it extremely clearly! They swam around you so near and all of them were fatty boom boom!
It was my first time in the river saw so many fishes near me!

Group photo with the lecturer =)
Subject : Special Interest Tourism

Enjoying in the crystal clear river! NICE!

However, there were something happened on the day. Because some of the fren had jumped down from the waterfall and they said it was awesome, so they pushed me to try. But I did not know how to swim so I was kinda scare at first. But they said they will catch me. So, the first time I swim there with a guy, den it was too deep n i nearly drown! I quickly pull his shirt almost let me tear off dy i guess, I was so freaking ps and sorry! din mean to tear ur shirt but I nearly drown =.= Second time, jean bring me over and when we almost reached, suddenly she sink and nearly no breath but luckily someone throw a life jacket over! THANK GOD! If not, we both habis cerita! 
The water was too too too too DEEP! I think got around few metres deep! and for people who donno how to swim like me, it was extremely dangerous! I learnt a lesson >.<
SCARY EXPERIENCE !!

Done with the trekking at 3 something in the afternoon, so hungry but was low bat at the same time!
Ar around 5pm, stopped at a place for our lunch (it's actually dinner) at A&W!
After lunch, horrible things happened again!

Our poor van couldn't start! And the guys push the car and we drove back with fast heart beats! 
Especially when over the toll, we cant even stopped! Because once we stopped, I think our van cant go on again.

Lastly, after this trip, I seriously think that adventure tourism was not my thing! 



5 comments:

  1. you are welcome to sorry....

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read your post as i was interested in getting to chiling falls, and honestly, i really have to comment about your incident. you should really not have gotten into deeper water if you don't know how to swim. and your friends should have been smarter than to push you to do it! glad you two were fine in the end, but for the future, it might be a good idea to get some swimming lessons or have a life jacket on when you're in the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a nice place =) At last I jumped with a life jacket hahaha =) It was a good experience, also a good lesson learnt ;) hope you enjoy your trip there hehe! =D

      Delete
  3. jemput ke MyBlogFest minggu ni
    http://utama.myblogfest.com/2014/11/semua-di-jemput-hadir.html

    ReplyDelete